Our Souper Bowl Dinner for tonight (January 31) has been POSTPONED due to the frigid weather and potential for freezing roads. If you know of anyone who was planning to come, please pass this along. Sorry for any inconvenience. We will let you know when it is rescheduled.
On Thursday evening, January 31, 2019, from 6:00-7:30 p.m., we will host the Souper Bowl! No, that isn’t a typo. We’re having a soup dinner! The Souper Bowl of Caring is a chance for us to enjoy some fellowship together and to offer some help to folks who might otherwise be hungry. We’ll have a variety of homemade soups, plus salad, bread, drinks, and dessert. The meal is free and open to the public. We will have a basket for a freewill offering for those in a position to contribute, and those funds will go to help hunger ministries.
We especially want to invite our neighbors who were directly affected by the partial government shutdown. If you are government employee who was furloughed, we want to show you (and your family) some love with a free meal.
CPC is hosting a Parents’ Night Out on Friday, December 15, from 5:00-9:00 p.m. We’ll watch the kids while you take some time for Christmas shopping, or dinner out, or a date, or a long nap, or whatever you want to do with your evening!
Here’s the deal:
• It’s open to kids from age 3 years (must be potty trained) up to 5th grade.
• Limited to 40 children, so register soon!
• The evening includes pizza, fruit, veggies, water, crafts, games, Christmas story, and a movie. Bring a blanket/sleeping bag and pillow for comfy movie watching.
• The cost is $20 for one child, $10 for each additional sibling. Proceeds go to CPC Sunday School program.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form and further instructions. Registration closes December 12.