CPC is hosting a Parents’ Night Out on Friday, December 15, from 5:00-9:00 p.m. We’ll watch the kids while you take some time for Christmas shopping, or dinner out, or a date, or a long nap, or whatever you want to do with your evening!
Here’s the deal:
• It’s open to kids from age 3 years (must be potty trained) up to 5th grade.
• Limited to 40 children, so register soon!
• The evening includes pizza, fruit, veggies, water, crafts, games, Christmas story, and a movie. Bring a blanket/sleeping bag and pillow for comfy movie watching.
• The cost is $20 for one child, $10 for each additional sibling. Proceeds go to CPC Sunday School program.
• Email email@example.com for a registration form and further instructions. Registration closes December 12.
This Sunday, December 3, is the first Sunday of Advent, the season of preparation for the celebration of Christ’s birth. It’s also a time when we prepare for the coming of Christ into our lives in a new way for today. Further, we prepare for Christ’s return in power as Lord of all at the end of the age.
We do all that by focusing on God’s call through the prophets and through Jesus himself that we should prepare for coming of our God. That means repenting of our sin, deepening our worship, and working for justice in the world. Admittedly, Continue reading “Advent Means “Coming””
Pastor David will be taking two weeks vacation at the end of August. He and Molly will be traveling to Colorado to see family and taking a side trip to Torrington, Wyoming, to see the total solar eclipse on August 21. They have their groovy eclipse glasses, so they’ll be safe. They’ll be staying at a Presbyterian church there, as rooms were booked and sold out six months ago. Continue reading “Pastor Going to Stare at the Sun”
This is Holy Week, the high holy days for Christians around the globe. Here’s a quick summary of our activities for this week.
April 9 – Palm Sunday/Passion Sunday
Worship will include both the procession of the palms and the procession of the cross. Continue reading “Holy Week 2017 – April 9-16”